In this age of cyber-attacks, and identity-theft, there is an increased demand to secure online transaction with secured payment gateway.
The primary goal of any online business man is to protect customers online transactions. During online payment data is processed, stored or transmitted by merchants who run an ecommerce business.
We need a standard to protect customer online transactions and payments to prevent:
- Fraud losses estimated to be in the BILLIONS
- Identity Theft
- Legal costs, settlements and judgments
- Higher subsequent costs of compliance
- Lost customer confidence
- Lost sales
- Cost of reissuing new payment cards
- Loss of ability to process payment cards
This ebook will teach you everything you need to know about online transaction and payments and how to secure your website in compliance with PCI DSS.
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard is a procedure used to protect data where its vulnerable especially during online payment.
Data is vulnerable in:
• system database
• Compromised card readers and PoS Systems
• Paper records improperly stored
• Hidden camera recording entry of authentication data
• Secret tap into your store’s wireless or wired network
• ATMs modified to contain software or hardware shims
• Residual Information in RAM of systems that accept payment card information (RAM Scraping)
• EVERYWHERE!!! Where there’s a will there’s a way!
Never assume it won’t happen to you or your company. Complacency is the easiest way to become vulnerable to cyber attacks. Almost half of all cyber attacks are targeted at small businesses because they don’t invest in online data security and they haven’t taken the proper measures to protect their customer’s data during online transaction.
Emeka Ogbuka –
Ecommerce cannot be safe without without the protection of customers data